Apparently, the Broncos are going to play Kendall Hinton who's a wide receiver now but did play Quarterback at Wake Forest. Good luck.
The Denver Broncos have lost all of their quarterbacks for Sunday's game against the New Orleans Saints, after they were declared ineligible for play due to NFL Covid-19 protocols.
In a statement on Saturday, the Broncos said Drew Lock, Brett Rypien and Blake Bortles were identified as "high-risk Covid-19 close contacts" and must complete a five-day quarantine.
"The three quarterbacks, who are not experiencing any symptoms, immediately left the practice field and departed UCHealth Training Center. All three have consistently tested negative for Covid-19 via both daily PCR testing and additional POC testing administered as a precaution," the team statement said.
Quarterback Jeff Driskel and wide receiver Diontae Spencer were placed on the Reserve/Covid-19 list earlier this week.
Twitter, as one might expect, had a field day when the news broke last night.
Starting at QB tomorrow for the Denver Broncos pic.twitter.com/mQc8ucZVZh
— Barstool Sports (@barstoolsports) November 28, 2020
NEWS: Denver Broncos quarterback tryouts. 7 am Sunday. Four Seasons Total Landscaping.
— Vic Vela (@VicVela1) November 28, 2020
To sum up this Saturday:
Ravens' Reserve/COVID list grew to 18 players.
Lions did a housecleaning.
The 49ers have no place to play.
And the Broncos have no quarterbacks.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) November 28, 2020
Even the Broncos got in on the act. But they aren't laughing. Denver faces fines and draft-pick losses for not following league protocols.
Is Jokic available?
Asking for a friend.
— Denver Broncos (@Broncos) November 29, 2020
The Broncos players aren't laughing either.
I’m not one to complain, but @NFL y’all can’t possibly send us into a game without a QB. The most important position to a offense. We don’t even got a back up....
— Noah Fant (@nrfant) November 29, 2020